Thursday 19 February 2015

baby shower prizes

My brother and SiL are having their baby shower at the end of next month - and I'm co-organizing it with SiL's sister. As the prizes for the games, I've volunteered to knit some dishcloths, making one in blue and one white for each prize. These are the ones I've made:

I've completed 8 of each colour all together (despite that there are two of each in the picture) - the picture shows the front and back of each cloth.

It's a basic stitch pattern for each, and are all knit on 4.25mm needles. The finished cloth each measures approx 7.75" square.

For the white cloth: it's a basic farrow rib pattern, commonly used for scarves. I casted on 40 stitches; row 1 is knit 1, purl 1 rib to the end; row 2 is knit across. Bound off in pattern after row 2 at desired length.

For the blue cloth: a basic brick stitch pattern that's a bit more involved. I casted on 39 sts. All odd rows (starting with row 1) is knit. Rows 2 & 4: (k3, p1) to last 3 stitches, k3. Rows 6 & 8: k1, (p1, k3) to last 2 sts, p1, k1. Bound off in pattern after row 4 or 8 (in my case, after row 4) at desired length.

Yarn used: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in white; Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Nauticals in nautical blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment