Remember a month ago I wrote a post about making dishcloths for charity? Well, here's my first completed contribution for that!
I spent the last week and a half knitting these eight feather & fan dishcloths out of different colours of variegated and ombred cotton yarns. It's a very easy pattern to memorize, and so much fun to make!
The second picture shows two dishcloths knit from ends. I have quite a stash of partial skeins of cotton yarn, left over from previous patterns. What I did was I cast on with one colour, knit a row with the 2nd colour, knit the next row with the 3rd colour, and brought up the first strand to knit the next row, and so on. Alternating between 3 colours prevented any pooling of colours, and when I ran out of one colour, I tied on a new colour. These two dishcloths in particular were great stash busters, and turned out pretty cool!