Tuesday 6 January 2015

circle cloths completed

I'm working through a big skein of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Salt & Pepper, and also a few partial skeins of cotton from my own stash for my first batch of completed dishcloths of the new year. This particular pattern is the circle cloth (which is the same knitting technique incorporated in the very popular Sheldon toy) & I've completed 5 so far.

The black ones is a mix of the salt & pepper yarn plus Lily Sugar & Cream Solids in Black. The variegated ones are a mix of salt & pepper yarn plus Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Ombres & Prints in Love, Beach Ball Blues, Violet Veil Ombre, and a mystery colourway (I lost the label). One of these will be gifted with some extra dishcloths of a different pattern, which I'll blog about later.

I really enjoy this particular pattern because of how thick the dishcloths turn out.They're extra scrubby and very durable. I've gifted these to a couple people who are knitters themselves and are fascinated by the technique used in this pattern - they think that it's two dishcloths made separately and sewn together, and they're surprised that it's knit all in one piece! 

No comments:

Post a Comment